Did your significant other pop the question this holiday season? If so, you’re in luck! We are dishing the inside scoop on the best venues for your big day in Mount Pleasant. No matter your vision, this list includes something for everyone (in no particular order).
• Gold Bug Island: With a capacity of 125, this venue provides all the intimacy of a small gathering with the beauty of an island setting. There are a variety of areas included along with tables and chairs.
• The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation: This venue includes a gorgeous lakeside view along with many options for the bridal party. Choices include porches, lake lawn, gazebo, bridal cottages, groomsmen barn and the pavilion itself. Rentals include staging, tables and chairs.
• The Cottages on Charleston Harbor: If you’re looking for a picturesque Charleston view, this is the place for you. With a capacity of 125 guests and a private lawn, it is sure to be a day full of sunshine and love. Cottage rentals are available as well if you choose to extend your stay before or after your big day.
• I’On Chapel: This dreamy romantic backdrop is the perfect setting for anyone looking to keep it classic. With options for indoor and outdoor seating, the possibilities are endless. It also includes many private areas that can be utilized as well.
• Creek Club at I’On: It’s clear to see that this area has something for every couple. The Creek Club has the same beauty and service as the chapel but allows for a higher guest count. Capacity at this waterfront venue is 300 and it offers over 5,000 square feet of space.
• Harborside East: A view of the Ravenel Bridge and the Charleston Harbor awaits you at this scenic location. Options include indoor, outdoor and covered outdoor seating and arrangements can be made for ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners, elopements and more. Tables and chairs are included in the rental as well.
• The Pavilion at Patriots Point: If you love the aesthetic of rolling green fields and harbor views, this may be the venue for you. The site is large and able to accommodate up to 300 guests. A brick fire pit is just one of the many charming features of this 4,000-square-foot space.
• Cooper River Room: A unique flair sets this venue apart from the others. From Lowcountry murals created by local artists situated in the dining room to the view of the Charleston skyline, a wedding at this facility is sure to deliver a great experience.
• Dunes West Golf and River Club: Looking for a beautiful but more relaxed setting? You may want to consider this venue and its beautiful tree-lined entrance. Live oaks and waterfront views will be your backdrop in this multi-level space that can accommodate 325 guests. Wraparound porches provide a special touch and give your guests the opportunity to experience the beauty of the Lowcountry.
• Snee Farm Country Club: This peaceful setting allows couples a secluded option for their big day. The elegant clubhouse can host an array of events for gatherings ranging from 30 up to 300. A decorative fireplace and parking on site are just a few of the many features of this gorgeous property. Chairs, tables and linens are included in the rental and there are options for china, glassware and flatware as well.
• Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina: Multiple seating options from which to choose in their 10 covered outdoor, outdoor and indoor spaces make this venue a dream come true. This is the largest event space featured on this list with a capacity of 1,000 guests. If you’re anticipating a smaller guest count, they have options for that too.
• The Exchange at Mount Pleasant: If you’re looking for a venue closer to the beach, this may be the right fit. Located just 15 minutes from Isle of Palms, The Exchange is a banquet hall venue with over 5,000 square feet of space. Facilities include get-ready rooms, an ample dance floor area, a prep kitchen, onsite parking, two bar counters, wheelchair access, lounge areas and indoor and outdoor photoshoot locations.
Whether you’re looking for intimate or large, outdoor or indoor, Mount Pleasant offers everything you could want for your wedding celebration. Happy hunting to make your big day your best day!
By Cari Lawson