If you are looking for a unique and memorable venue for your wedding, you might want to consider Magnolia Plantation and Gardens. Located in Charleston, South Carolina, Magnolia Plantation and Gardens is a historic site that offers stunning scenery, rich history, and diverse activities for you and your guests. Kelly Hobbs, Director of Sales and Marketing at Magnolia Plantation and Gardens talks to host Kathy Baxley-Stewart about why Magnolia Plantation and Gardens would be the perfect place for your wedding.
- It was the first public attraction in South Carolina. Magnolia Plantation and Gardens was founded 1679 and opened its doors to the public in 1870, making it the oldest public tourist site in the Lowcountry. You can experience the charm and beauty of this historic place that has been preserved for over three centuries.
- It has a romantic style garden that is different for the time it was established. Unlike most gardens of the colonial period that were formal and geometric, Magnolia Plantation and Gardens features a naturalistic and organic design that reflects the Romantic movement of the 19th century.
- There’s always something to do. Magnolia Plantation and Gardens is not just a place to admire nature, but also a place to explore and learn. You can visit the plantation house, the slave cabins as part of the From Slavery to Freedom tour, the conservatory, the petting zoo, the maze, and the gift shop. You can also take guided tours of the gardens, the swamp, the rice fields, and the Audubon swamp garden. There’s something for everyone at Magnolia Plantation and Gardens.
- It has three wedding and event venues and an elopement package. Whether you want a small intimate ceremony or a large lavish reception, Magnolia Plantation and Gardens can accommodate your needs. You can choose an Elopement Package or one of the three wedding venues – The Carriage House, Live Oak Pavilion or The Piazza.
- You can take wedding pictures on the historic long white bridge. One of the most iconic features of Magnolia Plantation and Gardens is the long white bridge that spans across one of the ponds. You can capture your special moments on this picturesque bridge that symbolizes love and romance.
- You get access to various amenities with your rental. When you book a wedding at Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, you get more than just a venue.
- You can stay as long as you want on your wedding day. Unlike some venues that have strict time limits, Magnolia Plantation and Gardens allows you to enjoy your wedding day at your own pace. You can have your wedding ceremony, reception, or both at Magnolia Plantation and Gardens.
Magnolia Plantation and Gardens is more than just a place to have your wedding. It is a place to create memories that will last a lifetime.
For more information on wedding venues and elopement packages visit Magnolia Plantation and Gardens’ Weddings and Events page online. As always, the team at Charleston Wedding Podcast extends you you wishes for a truly memorable wedding.